For the implementation of the Master Plan in a time-bound manner, the Hon’ble Kerala High Court has set up a High Power Committee (HPC) under the Chairmanship of Addl Chief Secretary, Government of Kerala. Representatives from all concerned departments are members.
THE HPC, chaired by Shri K. Jayakumar, IAS and Additional Chief Secretary to Government of Kerala, has the following members:
• President and the Two Members of Travancore Devaswom Board (TDB)
• Devaswom Commissioner,TDB
• Chief Engineer (General), TDB
• Chief Engineer, TDB
• Principal Chief Conservator of Forests
• Chief Engineer (Transmission), KSEB
• Chairman Pollution Control Board, Kerala
• Representative of IL&FS – Ecosmart, the agency, which prepared the Master Plan
TO PROVIDE TECHNICAL assistance to the HPC, a Technical Committee is nominated on the decision of the Hon. High Court of Kerala, with the following experts:
• Shri A. Kasturi Rangan, (former Chief Town Planner, Government of Kerala);
• Dr. V.N. Sivasankara Pillai (former Director, School of Environmental Sciences, CUSAT)
• Prof. T.L. Shaji (Department of Architecture, College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram)
The HPC for the Implementation of Sabarimala Master Plan and the Travancore Devaswom Board work together for the development of Sabarimala and the other locations and for providing the required pilgrim facilities
Implementation of Sabarimala Master Plan and its Projects is envisaged as a phased development programme.